Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Quick Review: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard



“In the fairy tales, the poor girl smiles when she becomes a princess. Right now, I don't know if I'll ever smile again.”



About



Our main character, Mare, is a Red. Reds are normal human beings and are the slaves to the Silvers, elite beings with supernatural abilities. The Silvers treat the, forcing them to live in slums and to fight a century long war with neighboring Silver kingdoms.   In an effort to save herself and her friend from conscription Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace only to discover that she's just as special as them. Mare finds herself in the middle of a dangerous game of revolution, lies and betrayal in the guest for the crown and freedom.



My Thoughts



Honestly I did not have high expectations for this book. This book was getting so much hype on Booktube and amongst the blogs that I follow. After the letdown that was The Darkest Part of the Forest, I was not expecting to be so captivated by this novel.  This book is similar to many books on the market now and while I found it to be predictable, I still really enjoyed this read.  



My only issue with this book is that Mare is very naïve. I had mentioned before that this book was very predictable, well apparently for our main character it was not. Overall, I cannot wait to see what is up next in this trilogy. Remember - ”Anyone can betray anyone.”

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Find On: Goodreads or Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment